Elche and Santa Pola, a sea of palm trees and salt
Two places with great charm with plenty history to discover in Bajo Vinalopó area. Romans and Muslims shaped a sea of palm trees that became World Heritage Site. Water and salt give life to a unique and diverse ecosystem. A visit that will surprise you.
Plan of the day:
- Pick up at the agreed meeting point.
- Visit to Elche, the attraction of a past marked by water and crops, where we will visit:
- Municipal Park, Molino Real, palm trees and orchards.
- Archaeological remains of walls and pits, Altamira Palace.
- Basilica of Santa María, medieval village, archaeological remains of the Arab baths.
- Medieval town hall, pedestrian streets, Glorieta.
- Palace of Congresses, Huerto del Cura gardens .
- Free time.
- Visit to Santa Pola, a place living by the sea, where we will visit:
- Salinas Park and Salt Museum.
- Port, fish market, fish stalls.
- Traditional streets, Plaza de la Glorieta, castle, beach.
- Free time.
- Viewpoint of Cabo de Santa Pola.
- Return to the meeting point.
- End of visit.
Meeting point: Plaza de los Luceros
Plaza de los Luceros 11 (Estanco). 03005 Alicante
Hours and duration.
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., approximately 6 hours.
Timing able to fit your schedule.
Possibility to having your tour in Spanish, French, Italian and Valencian.
2 people, 70 euros per person
3 people, 55 euros per person.
4 people, 50 euros per person.
From 5 to 8 people, 45 euros per person.
Check out for minors and groups.
• Entrance ticket Arab Baths and Huerto del Cura.
• Bottle of water.
• Official guide throughout the whole tour.
• Outside and inside visits (depending on availability).
• Accident and civil liability insurance.